The programme of the Trio, formed together with France and Czechia, has as thematic priorities, which will be addressed over an 18-month period:
- Protect citizens and freedoms;
- Promote a new growth and investment model for Europe;
- Build a climate-neutral, green, fair and social Europe;
- Promote Europe’s interests and values in the world.
From the Political Side, the Swedish Presidency will continue to support Ukraine against the Russia’s aggressions and it must be intensified efforts to break the European energy sector’s dependency on fossil fuels.
The Council will follow 5 political directions:
- Provide security for EU citizens and strengthen the EU’s role in the world
- Stop organised crime
- Speed up the green transition
- Strengthen the EU’s competitiveness for the jobs of the future
- Safeguard the EU’s fundamental values
Moreover, the Swedish EU Council Presidency will continue to deal with topical institutional issues, such as the Conference on the Future of Europe, and new initiatives will be presented in the first half of 2023.
Read more by clicking here.