The EFN believes that a transparent system for automatic recognition is needed to deal with the migration of professionals in a practical and efficient way and to ensure that a certain level of health protection for patients and consumers of health care in the EU is maintained.
The national nursing associations across Europe, members of EFN, have been united in agreeing the validity and importance of their Sectoral Directive and the importance of the professions input. Within Europe enlargement process, it is important to assist the Accession Countries in developing their own national education and training standards.
EU Advanced Practice Nursing
- EFN Policy Statement on APN (April 2022)
- EFN Policy Statement on Nurses Mentorship (April 2021)
EU Roadmap to advance Lifelong Learning
- EU Roadmap to advance Lifelong Learning (April 2019)
Continuous Professional Development
Synergy between Directive 36, Bologna & European Qualifications Framework
EU Directive on Mutual Recognition of Professional Qualifications
- EFN Position Statement (Joint statement Sectoral professions)
- EFN Position Statement (March 2005) (Joint statement Sectoral professions)