EFN participated to the first session of the informal pre-meeting for Member States, non-State actors in official relations and the Secretariat organised by WHO according to what is indicated in the document EB150/37.
This is the third edition of the informal meeting and its agenda is organised along the 76th Health Assembly agenda:
- Pillar 3: One billion more people enjoying better health and well-being – on 12 April.
- Pillar 1: One billion more people benefitting from universal health coverage – on 24 April.
- Pillar 2: One billion people better protected from health emergencies – on 27 April.
- Session for non-State actors and the Secretariat – on 2 May.
This first informal meeting focused on the promotion of health and well-being and on which actions have been implemented by WHO for reaching the goal, in these last years. Dr. Ruediger Krech, Director of Health Promotion Department at WHO, highlighted some key aspects and 6 Strategic Directions for reaching societal well-being:
- Nurture planet Earth and its ecosystems;
- Design social protection and welfare systems;
- Design and support equitable economies;
- Promote universal health coverage;
- Promote equitable digital system;
- Measure and monitor well-being.
In the context of promoting health and well-being the role of nurses is vital. As the closest healthcare professionals to patients, nurses know the necessary actions which need to be implemented for reaching the societal well-being and ensure equity. Moreover, they can play a key role in spreading reliable information and engaging civil society in the discussion.
Promotion of health and well-being starts from nurses!